Tuesday 2 October 2012

Hurray! Pictures taken.

It's been over a week. I've been waiting for better weather to take the pictures for ages , and the only nice day was last Saturday and I missed it. So on Sunday, even though the weather wasn't very nice, I didn't really want to wait anymore as my dresses are summer dresses, so I'm a bit late :-(.

My lovely friend aneighbour Claire agreed to be my model as the dresses are size 8, so no chance I would get into them. Feeling just a little bit jealous...

The cut of the dresses is the same, but the pink stripy one is entirely made out of recycled men's shirt and the other one of blue men's shirt and a piece of new flowery cotton.

The pink one actually started as a top, but before I cut the shirt I've realised that the shirt was big enough for a dress, so the dress was born. The dress is knee length, unlined, fastened by buttons on the back, and has little pocket on the front and cap sleeves made from shirt cuffs. Cut just above the bust, the top part has vertical and bottom part horizontal stripes.

And here are the pictures:






The second dress is very similar, but look very different because I combined two fabrics together, old and new, blue recycled men's shirt with paisley pattern, which you can only see on closer inspection, on the top and lovely colourful flowery cotton, which is new. This dress is fastened by red zip on the back. It also has cap sleeves made from shirt cuffs.




 
 



 
 
You can see one of my necklaces on the last pictures. More details and pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment