About my three projects, I made a ladies dress from two men's shirts, ladies tunic from one men's shirt, and a patchwork handbag.
I didn't really like the dress at first, but must say that the final result is really nice. Wish I was a bit smaller and could wear it myself. But it's going to my Etsy shop. Just couple of pictures taken by my phone, better ones coming soon. What do you think, do you like it?
The tunic I've made is very similar to this one, just smaller and with different details.
I've decided to be a bit mean and let you wait for pictures.
Here's how I started, men's shirt after I cut collar, sleeves and cuffs off.
My last project is a patchwork bag, I've never done patchwork before and I must say, that I absolutely loved it, once I started I couldn't put it down. I have drawn the pattern and cut individual pieces from card. As I do not have a rotary cutter, I had to cut all the pieces by scissors, there is 18 patchwork pieces on the bag, each made from 8 pieces, plus extra pieces in between each square, all together 164 pieces.
This is my pattern and pattern pieces with 1cm seam allowance.
I have sewn the pieces in number order and iron seams after sewing each piece, so I sewn pieces number one and two together, pressed the seam, sewn piece number three, pressed seams again, etc. Long process, but worth doing.
This is what my living room/sewing room looked like, very messy.
And here is half of my squares. There are same squares on the front and back of the bag.
And a finished bag. It's got wooden handles, that are from a bag I found in a charity shop, only cost me 50p, and the bag is lined with two pockets, one of them with zip.